[NatureNS] Chimney swift count in Truro

Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 21:29:40 -0300
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Concerning the Chimney Swifts in the Normal College chimney in Truro,
for those in the area, please be aware that a decision will be made very
soon regarding whether the building will be used for the Public Library
or not.  If it is, renovations and additions will have to be made.  Will
this affect the chimney and the Swifts which roost there?  It would be a
shame to lose a whole colony at a time when the species is at risk.  Now
is the time to do something about it and make the situation known publicly.

Lois Codling