[NatureNS] Insect/?nest ID needed!

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 10:50:37 -0300

Hi Eleanor & All,                        Aug 21, 2013
    Legs hanging in flight & half hearted rushes sounds like Paper Wasp. If
that unusual structure hangs on a short stalk then it is definite. Seen from
the underside of the structure there would be hexagonal cells; made of paper
what else ?

    Paper Wasps are very patient & docile. If provoked they will sting but
it does not amount to much. They are fun to watch when they are collecting
material for the cells. They work backwards along the grain of a piece of
weathered wood, roll up a bundle between head and prolegs and fly off.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville