[NatureNS] How scientists refer to Fruit Flies

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:56:55 -0400

Hi Fred & All,                        Dec 6, 2013
    I was unaware of this instance of splitting but in general it would save
much confusion and annoyance if taxonomists could be persuaded, when
splitting, to consider the fragments to be Subgenera, Sections, Subsections
etc and leave well established Genera alone.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville