[NatureNS] Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz

From: Kate Steele <katefsteele@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 19:18:40 -0300
To: "NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com" <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>,

--047d7bd6aea230218e04f70813b1

Spring migration is underway and the Rusties are coming! Rusty Blackbirds
are moving northward from their southeastern U.S. wintering grounds, and
they are headed towards Nova Scotia, so get ready to go out and start
searching! The Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz officially opens in
Nova Scotia tomorrow (until mid-May), and we encourage all birders to
participate. Helping out is easy - bird as you normally do and search
especially carefully for Rusty Blackbirds, then report your results to
eBird under the =E2=80=9CRusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz=E2=80=9D su=
rvey type (under
Other in Observation Type). For more information on Blitz objectives, along
with Rusty Blackbird identification tips, data collection instructions, and
data reporting information, you can find additional resources at
http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/. We hope you=E2=80=99ll=
 =E2=80=9Cget
Rusty=E2=80=9D with us to help conserve this elusive and vulnerable songbir=
d!
Please contact me if you have any further questions about the Blitz or
using eBird. Thanks!

Kate Steele
Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz Provincial Coordinator =E2=80=93 Nov=
a Scotia
katefsteele@gmail.com

--047d7bd6aea230218e04f70813b1

usty
Blackbirds are moving northward from their southeastern U.S.
wintering grounds, and they are headed towards Nova Scotia, so get
ready to go out and start searching! The Rusty Blackbird Spring
Migration Blitz officially opens in Nova Scotia tomorrow (until mid-May), a=
nd we
encourage all birders to participate. Helping out is easy - bird as
you normally do and search especially carefully for Rusty Blackbirds,
then report your results to eBird under the =E2=80=9CRusty Blackbird Spring
Migration Blitz=E2=80=9D survey type (under Other in Observation Type). For
more information on Blitz objectives, along with Rusty Blackbird
identification tips, data collection instructions, and data reporting
information, you can find additional resources at
yblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/</a>. We hope you=E2=80=99ll
=E2=80=9Cget Rusty=E2=80=9D with us to help conserve this elusive and vulne=
rable
songbird! Please contact me if you have any further questions about
ing Migration Blitz Provincial Coordinator =E2=80=93 Nova Scotia<br><a href=

--047d7bd6aea230218e04f70813b1--