[NatureNS] Re: [NS-RBA] Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:18:04 -0300
From: Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com>
To: Kate Steele <katefsteele@gmail.com>,

--------------020501080202080306000209

Hi Kate,

Is just making the eBird submission with and selecting "Rusty Blackbird=20
Spring Migration Blitz" protocol sufficient because the information at=20
the link below mentions adding optional information about habitat but=20
presumably that would require entering additional form data outside of=20
eBird. Though if (hopefully when) Rusty Blackbirds are observed, would=20
it be more beneficial to provide the extra habitat data then?

Thanks

Keith

On 2014-04-14 7:18 PM, Kate Steele wrote:
> Spring migration is underway and the Rusties are coming! Rusty=20
> Blackbirds are moving northward from their southeastern U.S. wintering=20
> grounds, and they are headed towards Nova Scotia, so get ready to go=20
> out and start searching! The Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz=20
> officially opens in Nova Scotia tomorrow (until mid-May), and we=20
> encourage all birders to participate. Helping out is easy - bird as=20
> you normally do and search especially carefully for Rusty Blackbirds,=20
> then report your results to eBird under the =E2=80=9CRusty Blackbird Spri=
ng=20
> Migration Blitz=E2=80=9D survey type (under Other in Observation Type). F=
or=20
> more information on Blitz objectives, along with Rusty Blackbird=20
> identification tips, data collection instructions, and data reporting=20
> information, you can find additional resources at=20
> http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/. We hope you=E2=80=99=
ll=20
> =E2=80=9Cget Rusty=E2=80=9D with us to help conserve this elusive and vul=
nerable=20
> songbird! Please contact me if you have any further questions about=20
> the Blitz or using eBird. Thanks!
>
> Kate Steele
> Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz Provincial Coordinator =E2=80=93 N=
ova=20
> Scotia
> katefsteele@gmail.com <mailto:katefsteele@gmail.com>
> __._,_.___
_ylc=3DX3oDMTJxZmIycDVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1=
MDY1Nzg3BG1zZ0lkAzEwNTQ4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM5NzUxMzk2MQ--?ac=
t=3Dreply&messageNum=3D10548>=20
> 	Reply to sender=20
> <mailto:katefsteele@gmail.com?subject=3DRe%3A%20Rusty%20Blackbird%20Sprin=
g%20Migration%20Blitz>=20
> 	Reply to group=20
> <mailto:NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com?subject=3DRe%3A%20Rusty%20Blackbird%20Spri=
ng%20Migration%20Blitz>=20
> 	Start a New Topic=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=
=3DX3oDMTJldjk4czc2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1=
Nzg3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM5NzUxMzk2MQ-->=20
> 	Messages in this topic=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/conversations/topics/10492;_y=
lc=3DX3oDMTM2aTRlM20wBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MD=
Y1Nzg3BG1zZ0lkAzEwNTQ4BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM5NzUxMzk2MQR0cGNJZ=
AMxMDQ5Mg-->=20
> (2)
>
> Visit Your Group=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/info;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJlaWc4bmlxB=
F9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1Nzg3BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xr=
A3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTM5NzUxMzk2MQ-->=20

>   * New Members
>     <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/members/all;_ylc=3DX3oDMT=
JmaGFzc25lBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1Nzg3BHNlY=
wN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEzOTc1MTM5NjE->
>     1
>
> Yahoo! Groups=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJkMmMwNzljBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdy=
cElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1Nzg3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMzk=
3NTEzOTYx>=20

> =E2=80=A2 Privacy=20
> <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> =E2=80=A2=
=20
> Unsubscribe=20
> <mailto:NS-RBA-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=3DUnsubscribe> =E2=80=
=A2=20
> Terms of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>
> .
>
> __,_._,___

--------------020501080202080306000209

  <head>
">
  </head>
      Is just making the eBird submission with and selecting "Rusty
      Blackbird Spring
      Migration Blitz" protocol sufficient because the information at
      the link below mentions adding optional information about habitat
      but presumably that would require entering additional form data
      outside of eBird. Though if (hopefully when) Rusty Blackbirds are
      observed, would it be more beneficial to provide the extra habitat
      data then?<br>
      Thanks<br>
      Keith<br>
      On 2014-04-14 7:18 PM, Kate Steele wrote:<br>
cite=3D"mid:CAK_G20LvmgzNSt-+8UY=3D9YpSQFYdXwnZLBw-zPWDa10Fo+JmOA@mail.gmai=
l.com"
      type=3D"cite"> <span style=3D"display:none">=C2=A0</span>
      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->
              are coming! Rusty
              Blackbirds are moving northward from their southeastern
              U.S.
              wintering grounds, and they are headed towards Nova
              Scotia, so get
              ready to go out and start searching! The Rusty Blackbird
              Spring
              Migration Blitz officially opens in Nova Scotia tomorrow
              (until mid-May), and we
              encourage all birders to participate. Helping out is easy
              - bird as
              you normally do and search especially carefully for Rusty
              Blackbirds,
              then report your results to eBird under the =E2=80=9CRusty
              Blackbird Spring
              Migration Blitz=E2=80=9D survey type (under Other in Observat=
ion
              Type). For
              more information on Blitz objectives, along with Rusty
              Blackbird
              identification tips, data collection instructions, and
              data reporting
              information, you can find additional resources at
              <a moz-do-not-send=3D"true"
                href=3D"http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration