[NatureNS] Short-eared owls, Port Williams

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:46:26 -0400
To: NS-RBA <NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com>, NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--047d7bb70b0c28c93d050de66117

Yesterday Dominic Cormier reported seeing 3 Short-eared owls on the Port
Williams dyke. I went there around 4:30 today, wirh Peter Brannon, Bruce
Stevens (whom I'd met in the area earlier) and Bernard Forsythe, and we
good good views of 2, in flight and perched on a snag. The spot is along
the dyke wall east of the little parking lot by the bridge over the river -
opposite the Port pub and a little farther on. Best time seems to be just
before dusk. Bruce will put further details on eBird. Note- they do seem to
spook easily, so please respect their personal space.

I put a couple of pictures I managed here -
http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-RsxmHSf and the next one
(at 600mm. and cropped++).

Richard

--
#################
Richard Stern,

--047d7bb70b0c28c93d050de66117

t-eared owls on the Port Williams dyke. I went there around 4:30 today, wir=
h Peter Brannon, Bruce Stevens (whom I&#39;d met in the area earlier) and B=
ernard Forsythe, and we good good views of 2, in flight and perched on a sn=
ag. The spot is along the dyke wall east of the little parking lot by the b=
ridge over the river - opposite the Port pub and a little farther on. Best =
time seems to be just before dusk. Bruce will put further details on eBird.=
 Note- they do seem to spook easily, so please respect their personal space=
//richard-s.smugmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-RsxmHSf">http://richard-s.smu=
gmug.com/Birds/Current-Birds/i-RsxmHSf</a> and the next one (at 600mm. and =
t Williams, NS, Canada<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com" target=

--047d7bb70b0c28c93d050de66117--