[NatureNS] Fox Sparrow and W.B. Nuthatch

Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 13:35:58 -0400
From: bdigout <bdigout@seaside.ns.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--=_625959dc5f3da438d9c294daff1f2626

Also a Fox sparrow at Karen Burke's feeder in Whiteside, Rich. Co.
yesterday. We had a White-Breasted Nuthatch at our feeder in
Samsonville, Rich. Co. yesterday as well.

Billy

On 05 Apr 2015
13:27, rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:

> Hi All
> Between pictures
on Facebook and birds in the yard I have seen more
> of Fox Sparrows
than any year that I can remember perhaps with the exception of 1950.

However one has me confused - it looks like a Fox Sparrow below but the
back of
> its head and neck was blueish grey. Maybe a little smaller
than most.
> Has anyone any knowledge of this color variation?
> There
was also what used to be a Myrtle Warbler in the yard but I guess it

has another name now.
> I have not been across the province since fall
but there is probably less snow
> along the Atlantic Coast than in the
interior. This would cause the Fox Sparrows, Woodcocks
> and other
birds to migrate near the coast and is why we see so many.
> Enjoy the
snow while it lasts - the black flies are close at hand.
> Paul

--=_625959dc5f3da438d9c294daff1f2626

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
;yesterday. &nbsp;We had a White-Breasted Nuthatch at our feeder in Samsonv=
ille, Rich. Co. yesterday as well. &nbsp;</p>
x solid; margin-left:5px; width:100%"><!-- html ignored --><!-- head ignore=
d --><!-- meta ignored -->
ore</div>
eption of 1950.</div>
e back of</div>