[NatureNS] Fox Sparrow and W.B. Nuthatch

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 20:15:46 -0300
From: David Johnston <mkjdwj@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--047d7b86e406327a2505132a9800

Also have a Fox Sparrow here in Port Hawkesbury. Also surprisingly, still
have 3 American Tree Sparrows at feeders. Had 6 or 8 during the winter.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM, bdigout <bdigout@seaside.ns.ca> wrote:

>  Also a Fox sparrow at Karen Burke's feeder in Whiteside, Rich. Co.
>  yesterday.  We had a White-Breasted Nuthatch at our feeder in Samsonville,
> Rich. Co. yesterday as well.
>
> Billy
>
> On 05 Apr 2015 13:27, rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
>
> Hi All
> Between pictures on Facebook and  birds in the yard I have seen more
> of Fox Sparrows than any year that I can remember perhaps with the
> exception of 1950.
> However one has me confused - it looks like a Fox Sparrow below but the
> back of
> its head and neck was blueish grey. Maybe a little smaller than most.
> Has anyone any knowledge of this color variation?
> There was also what used to be a Myrtle Warbler in the yard but I guess it
> has another name now.
> I have not been across the province since fall but there is probably less
> snow
> along the Atlantic Coast than in the interior. This would cause the Fox
> Sparrows, Woodcocks
> and other birds to migrate near the coast and is why we see so many.
> Enjoy the snow while it lasts - the black flies are close at hand.
> Paul

--047d7b86e406327a2505132a9800

risingly, still have 3 American Tree Sparrows at feeders. Had 6 or 8 during=
ote">On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM, bdigout <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:bdigout@seaside.ns.ca" target=3D"_blank">bdigout@seaside.ns.ca</=
a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>
=C2=A0yesterday.=C2=A0 We had a White-Breasted Nuthatch at our feeder in Sa=
msonville, Rich. Co. yesterday as well. =C2=A0</p>
t=3D"_blank">rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca</a> wrote:</p>
 solid;margin-left:5px;width:100%">
ore</div>
eption of 1950.</div>