[NatureNS] Tree Swallows- do they eat houseflies?

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:22:12 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Several people have mentioned lots of houseflies being active to feed our early arriving fly-eating migrants like swallows, as Ron did below.

But do birds actually eat House/Cluster-type flies? I have never noticed any birds feeding on them even when there seems little else available- their larvae (maggots) yes, but not adult Muscidae (Houseflies and kin).

I can't find much online that addresses this question.

Nancy