[NatureNS] Common Murre

From: Ian Manning <ianmanning4@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 16:26:04 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Found a common murre dead on the beach at Scots Bay 26 April 2015. In beautiful condition, must have died very recently. Gorgeous animal. Any NS collections (museum or university) looking for a specimen? Otherwise I'll ship it out to the wildlife lab at The AVC for necropsy.

Interestingly enough I also found a wing belonging to the same species less than 100m from the bird, it looked like it had been detached for some time. I found another wing of the Same type in March of 2013 on the trail to Cape Split. I figured an owl must had got that individual.

I can send photos to anyone interested.

Best,
Ian