[NatureNS] A pond management question....

From: "Laviolette, Lance (EXP)" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:27:13 +0000

Hi Eleanor,

Lots of organisms use algae for many reasons. If your pond is like mine then I suspect you remove lots of algae periodically throughout the summer and I doubt you get all of it each time. As such, I doubt very much that the removal this time will change or upset the established seasonal 'rhythm' of your pond.

All the best,

Lance

Lance Laviolette
Glen Robertson, Ontario