[NatureNS] Little Ice Age; right.

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=24.224.154.227; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 21:00:00 -0400

Dear all,                                    Nov 15, 2015
    I just ran across an item on Facebook (tried to copy link but got a page
full) which featured activities of John Coleman, a global warming denier,
who claims that the sea is not rising, that we are entering a Little Ice Age
etc, etc. Total hogwash but I expect many will swallow this sugar-coated
poison pill.
    I may be repeating myself but the Nov issue of National Geographic is
entirely about climate change. Greenland is facing a near future in which
traditional native culture will not be able to exist; communities are
isolated and unable to hunt except during periods of firm ice and this will
soon be transient or absent.
    But I find it unsettling that I have seen no mention or Methane hydrate
in the last 5-10 years because, logically, it feeds the main feedback loop
which powers unusual surges in warming. If this source of Methane is not
used before it is released in significant amounts then I think we are toast.
    Are all researchers or all of the research funds chasing the carbon puck
and ignoring Methane hydrate ? Or is the news too dire to leak to the press
? Or have I just not tripped across recent Methane Hydrate articles ?

Yt, Dave Webster Kentville