[NatureNS] two trees to buy a pizza or would we rather a car with the same two trees?

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 09:40:54 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

companions alive for centuries
On a related note to the excellent article Donna linked to was this CBC radio interview with David Suzuki I heard last evening. Where, among other things,  he discussed the Native American view of humanity's connection to the forest as an extension of ourselves:
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/unreserved/building-an-ally-non-indigenous-people-share-their-stories-of-bridge-building-1.3430628/david-suzuki-s-world-view-profoundly-influenced-by-haida-ties-1.3433869

Look forward to reading the Hidden Life of Trees.

Nancy D