[NatureNS] Nova Scotia Migration Count

From: Kate Steele <katefsteele@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 10:57:32 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11401ac68224ab0530aea26d

Attention Birders!

The Nova Scotia Migration Count is only one month away. The NSMC will be
held on May 14th this year, rain or shine as always. For those of you who
have never participated, every year on the second weekend in May
birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts across the province are encouraged to
record what bird species they see or hear that day and how many of each
species were detected. You don=E2=80=99t have to be an experienced birdwatc=
her to
participate, just as long as you can correctly identify the species which
you record. We encourage people to send in their data on one of our NSMC
participation forms but NSBS checklists or anything else is permitted, just
make sure you mark down what county you participated in and how many hours
were spent at your feeders or in the field. If you would like to
participate and you know who your county coordinator is you can contact
them for further instructions. If you would like a list of the county
coordinators or a copy of the NSMC participation form you can visit the
Nova Scotia Bird Society website and look under the volunteer tab. There
are many counties that do not have a coordinator and subsequently lack
participants. If you would just like to participate and your county has no
coordinator you can send your data directly to me, Chris Pepper at
cpepper@ymail.com. If you would like to be a county coordinator you can
send me an email or phone (902) 483-6693 and I will be happy to assist you
with whatever you need to get started.

To all coordinators and people planning to participate - thank you, your
time and effort are greatly appreciated.

Chris Pepper
[...]

s no coordinator you can send your data directly to me, Chris Pepper at <a =
href=3D"mailto:cpepper@ymail.com">cpepper@ymail.com</a>. If you would like =
to be a county coordinator you can send me an email or phone (902) 483-6693=
 and I will be happy to assist you with whatever you need to get started.<b=
r><br>To all coordinators and people planning to participate - thank you, y=
otia Migration Count</div></div>

--001a11401ac68224ab0530aea26d--