[NatureNS] Kemptown intervale

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 17:11:36 -0300

Sounds like an amazing place, and hopefully will remain so in the future.  Very true that stumps will sprout quickly, though sugar maple doesn't like the exposure and may not sprout as successfully as red maple, to my knowledge.  Yellow birch, if present, may not do so well neither. It would be interesting to follow its succession.  I live too far away unfortunately.

Donna