[NatureNS] Barred Owl -dead great blue

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 22:27:14 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The other day there was a dead Great Blue Heron on the centre line of the Pictou Causeway near the cormorant colony. At times there are a lot of dead birds and mammals on this causeway -2 beavers earlier this spring if my memory is correct and as the breeding season progresses many dead cormorants though the colony is not in jeopardy. For those driving by, the largest number of nests are along the bank of the causeway and not the few on the posts.
Ken

Ken McKenna
Box 218
Stellarton