[NatureNS] A Hopeful Perspective on NS Forestry

From: John and Nhung <nhungjohn@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 19:26:54 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01D30645.23D10F90

A LOT more people should have read Wendell Berry long ago. =20

=20

We (former in my case) development aid workers preach the gospel of =
sustainable development when we work in poor countries.  When people =
bring up the American example, well =E2=80=A6 I have had to be honest!

=20

A lot of poor folks in poor countries are a lot more willing to practise =
necessary self-discipline than we are.  Any potential leader preaching =
the self-discipline gospel would get shot down in flames at election =
time.  Eh?

=20