[NatureNS] mystery: bumble bees attacking

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:22:52 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I had a very similar experience about a month ago. A direct and unproved pursuit attack by a bee or wasp or? First it went at my dog, then me, then the door once we got inside. When out on the veranda the next day all was well but we were wary. I heard a bee-like buzzing which I do not associate with wasps. Very strange behaviour I had not witnessed before.

Still some Hummingbirds at this inland location. One hovered by my orange shirt this evening.

Nancy
E Dalhousie, Kings Co.

Sent from my iPad