[NatureNS] Great Egret

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Bob Lindsay <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 18:56:16 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_Bep863KQfgpqjz2w0LFARw)

Between 3:00 and 4:45 pm today, I walked 2.5 km west along the Salt
Marsh Trail, beginning at West Lawrencetown Road. Thus I passed the pond
and saw the Great Egret, probably in the same location as reported earlier.

But he wasn't exactly inactive. I stood on the trail and waved my arms,
and he took off and flew to another part of the pond. On my return to my
vehicle, a similar action prompted him to fly up over the trees and west
in the direction of the actual Cole Harbour.

Bob Lindsay
Dartmouth

On 11/15/2017 11:11 AM, Henk Kwindt wrote:
> The great egret was there again this morning at the same place as i
> reported earlier.
> He was very inactive and he may not survive much longer.
> Henk kwindt, Cow Bay, NS.
>

>> On Nov 9, 2017, at 11:33 AM, Nancy Roberts
>> <nancy.roberts@ns.sympatico.ca
>> <mailto:nancy.roberts@ns.sympatico.ca>> wrote:
>>
>> Any more recent sightings of the great egret?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Nancy Roberts
>>

>> Dartmouth, NS B2Y 2X6
>> 902 461-1986
>>

>>> On Nov 8, 2017, at 11:02 AM, Henk Kwindt <cbatl@bellaliant.net
>>> <mailto:cbatl@bellaliant.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>> This morning at 09.30 there was a great egret along the Salt Marsh
>>> trail at the third pond on the right (coming from Bissett rd) in the
>>> wooded section.
>>> He was still there half an hour later when I came back, biking.
>>> Initially he was on the left at water’s edge together with a GBH but
>>> both flew up when I approached.
>>> Henk Kwindt, Cow Bay, NS.

---
http://www.avg.com

--Boundary_(ID_Bep863KQfgpqjz2w0LFARw)

  <head>
  </head>
    Between 3:00 and 4:45 pm today, I walked 2.5 km west along the Salt
    Marsh Trail, beginning at West Lawrencetown Road. Thus I passed the
    pond and saw the Great Egret, probably in the same location as
    reported earlier. <br>
    But he wasn't exactly inactive. I stood on the trail and waved my
    arms, and he took off and flew to another part of the pond. On my
    return to my vehicle, a similar action prompted him to fly up over
    the trees and west in the direction of the actual Cole Harbour.<br>
    Bob Lindsay<br>
    Dartmouth<br>
    On 11/15/2017 11:11 AM, Henk Kwindt wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:B007BA71-7F4C-4E8E-BD24-5EE94014D2BF@bellaliant.net">
      The great egret was there again this morning at the same place as
      i reported earlier.
        longer.</div>
              &lt;<a href="mailto:nancy.roberts@ns.sympatico.ca"
                class="" moz-do-not-send="true">nancy.roberts@ns.sympatico.ca</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
                charset=utf-8" class="">
                space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class="">Any
                more recent sightings of the great egret?
                      Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal;
                      font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                      text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                      text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                      word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                      orphans: 2; widows: 2;
                      -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;">
                          class="Apple-interchange-newline">
                        font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                        font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;
                        letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
                        text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                        word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px;
                        -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">Dartmouth,
                        NS B2Y 2X6</div>
                        font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;
                        font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;
                        letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal;
                        text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                        word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px;
                        -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class="">902
                        461-1986</div>
                      style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;