[NatureNS] Red-necked Grebe

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 11:08:58 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_MWGNLzgLD+l/HTddb55nNg)

Thanks for the great pictures, Paul.  Sounds like a wonderful trip! #147
of the Snowy Egret landing is worth a prize!

Lois Codling

On 3/6/2018 10:53 PM, Paul Murray wrote:
> 2018-Mar-06
>
> There was a *Red-necked Grebe* this morning in the lagoon beside the
> Bailey Bridge at Rainbow Haven.
>
> Also, found a *baby seal hauled out *at Three Fathom Harbour.
>
> I have added pictures of them to my online gallery:
>
> https://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2018/n-7dznq4
>
> Please note that my annual gallery this year is so far primarily of
> birds I found in Orlando FL. during a trip in January.   I twice
> visited the Orlando Wetlands Park - a man made final effluent
> treatment marsh for Orlando's reclaimed waste water.  It comprises 19
> miles of trails/berms, 200 species of birds, and lots of other
> wildlife!  I walked 10 miles one day and didn't even notice as the
> wildlife was so enthralling!  If anyone is going down to Orlando this
> spring, it is definitely worth the short 20 mile drive.  The park is
> located in Christmas FL., east of Orlando.  Might need GPS to find it
> as signage is lacking. Fantastic place - but don't step on the
> alligators - web site: www.cityoforlando.net/wetlands
> <http://www.cityoforlando.net/wetlands>.
>
> I also had lots of fun at Gatorland in Orlando.  Photographers come
> from all over just to see the nesting Egrets and Wood Storks, etc.
> The gators are cool but the birds and facilities to see/photograph
> them are better! Lake Apopka Nature Preserve area is good too but
> partially closed due to hurricane Irma damages.
>
> Paul Murray
> Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_MWGNLzgLD+l/HTddb55nNg)

  <head>
  </head>
    Thanks for the great pictures, Paul.  Sounds like a wonderful trip!
    #147 of the Snowy Egret landing is worth a prize!<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CA+WSCw_HZhJUvHW8nF8+n=cfWP4AhH60G-zQnwH-40V_zEyCCw@mail.gmail.com">
          this morning in the lagoon beside the Bailey Bridge at Rainbow
          Haven.</div>
            out </b>at Three Fathom Harbour.</div>
          online gallery: </div>
            href="https://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2018/n-7dznq4"
            moz-do-not-send="true">https://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2018/n-7dznq4</a><br>
[...]
          closed due to hurricane Irma damages.<br>

--Boundary_(ID_MWGNLzgLD+l/HTddb55nNg)--