Glossy Buckthorn was :Re[4]: [NatureNS] Dog-strangling vine in Nova Scotia

From: "David&Jane Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 18:30:33 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0179_01D3E49F.27A034A0

David, your posts are always interesting.  I consulted Papa Google, and =
it seems the glossy buckthorn is damned by a great many =
people=E2=80=94Nature Conservancy, Tree Canada, et al.  Could it be that =
this plant is damaging to the ecosystem in climates like Ontario, but =
not such a problem in Nova Scotia?  Your comments have helped me =
appreciate the complexity of ecology.  It=E2=80=99s worse than middle =
eastern politics. =F0=9F=98=89

=20

Jane Schlosberg

=20