Re[4]: [NatureNS] Breeding Bird Survey

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=208.103.226.32; helo=[192.168.0.101]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: David <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 12:24:30 +0000

=3D"cite"&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;style type=3D"text/css"&gt;#yiv4886
--------=_MB91E0B5DA-66A1-4257-84BE-7CE5BD0D07B6

Hi again John & All,
     I was not aware of this moth/candle effect but had in mind something=
=20
more responsive.
     Say, taking a wind farm as an example, using acoustic or radar=20
signals to sense incoming birds and briefly turning that beacon on which=20
would best divert them from the farm.
     I have seen birds migrating only once, Robins in Southern=20
California, and that was a non-stop river of birds snaking south along a=20
broad valley and over a pass just above the trees. That kind of flow=20
would need to be diverted only once. I expect migrations here are more=20
transient.
Yt, DW Kentville