[NatureNS] Hardwood Lands

From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: NaturenNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 15:34:24 -0300

--------------E2B8DC84A6FA5073067F61D2

I hadn't been to Hardwood Lands for a long time and decided to visit it
today.  The roads are all dirt but they have been graded smooth.  They
also have watered the main road in to keep down the dust.  Truck traffic
was infrequent and they passed by at a slow speed.

The best birds were 4 American Bitterns that rose from the marsh just
before the main Shaw plant.  They circled around and disappeared again
into the marsh.  Not many birds were seen in the foliage but they were
singing everywhere.  Several warbler species were heard (including
Mourning, Black-throated Green, Black-and-white, Yellow, Cape May,
Common Yellowthroats, Ovenbirds, Northern Parula, American Redstart) as
well as Alder Flycatchers and both common vireos.  A Pileated was the
only woodpecker.

I had a very pleasant time driving around slowly in my blind (car) and
enjoying the sunny day.

Don
--
Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net

--------------E2B8DC84A6FA5073067F61D2

  <head>

  </head>
      and decided to visit it today.  The roads are all dirt but they
      have been graded smooth.  They also have watered the main road in
      to keep down the dust.  Truck traffic was infrequent and they
      passed by at a slow speed.<br>
      The best birds were 4 American Bitterns that rose from the marsh
      just before the main Shaw plant.  They circled around and
      disappeared again into the marsh.  Not many birds were seen in the
      foliage but they were singing everywhere.  Several warbler species
      were heard (including Mourning, Black-throated Green,
      Black-and-white, Yellow, Cape May, Common Yellowthroats,
      Ovenbirds, Northern Parula, American Redstart) as well as Alder
      Flycatchers and both common vireos.  A Pileated was the only
      woodpecker.<br>
      I had a very pleasant time driving around slowly in my blind (car)
      and enjoying the sunny day.<br>
      Don<br>
      Don MacNeill
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>