[NatureNS] Cliff Swallows

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 04:31:29 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

The ones I saw yesterday were on the outside of a building. The nests photographed on the Jun 3 eBird report https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46353043 are in a barn that is kept open deliberately for the Swallows, Swifts etc. I was also surprised to hear they nested inside. Possibly the open doors make the inside as good as (or better than) the usual under-eaves-on-the-outside setup. I will try to find out more. Donna C might comment on those barn-nesting Cliff Swallows.

Nancy