[NatureNS] White Point birds plus

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 16:08:23 -0300

My snowdrops in White Point, Queens,  are about spent. I say a moth on the
window, sorry I don't know what, and a big "blow"type fyl this afternoon.
There are the fine buzzy things that aren't mosquitoes that cloud together
in sunny spots. No idea what they are either.

Late crocuses are now opening. Japanese Quince buds are swelling and
Daffodils are developing buds. Maples are blooming. RC Kinglets are still
here. Chipping Sparrow is popping in and out, there is a female Cardinal
that comes morning and late afternoon and Purple finches, several males and
now females as well but the actions.
Red-winged Blackbirds are back as are female Grackles.

Sharp shinned Hawk is still hunting here most days. Chickadees, Sparrows;
Song and White-Throated are here in numbers once again and Juncos both the
big dark ones and more locals. Lots of zipping through the trees. Robins are
back. Two big Crows seem to have separated from the main group of 7 but are
still being checked on.
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops-at all." (Emily Dickinson)