[NatureNS] Piping Plover, Red-necked Phalaropes and Killdeer

From: Parker Donham <parker@donham.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 15:07:41 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

 others to flout the rules.&lt;br&gt;
--00000000000024927c05a4215de3

Hi James,

I was not responding to you. I responded to David Webster, who called the
closure of parks "an abuse of power," and asked me to, "Please explain how
walking alone in Miners Marsh, where there is ample room for social
distancing, can endanger anyone."

Cheers,
Parker

--
*Parker Donh**am*
  +1-902-565-5555

--00000000000024927c05a4215de3

ponding to you. I responded to David Webster, who called the closure of par=
ks &quot;an abuse of power,&quot; and asked me to, &quot;Please explain how=
 walking alone in Miners Marsh, where there
      is ample room for social distancing, can endanger anyone.&quot;</div>=
=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Cheers,</div><div class=3D"gma=
=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Apr 25, 2020=
 at 3:02 PM James Hirtle &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jrhbirder@hotmail.com" targe=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid r=
gb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

t-size:24pt">
t-size:24pt">
t-size:24pt">
lse.=C2=A0 If you are directing it towards me than I&#39;d like to set the =
record straight.=C2=A0 I&#39;m not thumbing the Emergency Public Health Ord=
er.=C2=A0 It was not me who went to the beach, I&#39;m just the
 reportee.=C2=A0 I&#39;m not disputing what the government is doing in any =
way.=C2=A0 I should have added that the restrictions are there to protect m=
yself and others from the virus.=C2=A0 I&#39;m aware of that.=C2=A0 My whol=
e point is that I don&#39;t want others to go to beaches after the
 birds.=C2=A0 The posting was only for the record.=C2=A0 To also set the re=
cord straight I&#39;m working from home and social distancing.=C2=A0 I have=
 not had any association with my friends, birding or otherwise other than t=
hrough email or over the phone.=C2=A0 I also have not visited
 my dad or any of my family members.=C2=A0 With the odd exception I only le=
ave the house for necessities of life.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve taken a few walks aro=
und home and have gone for the odd drive.=C2=A0 The drive is always by myse=
lf and usually associated with car repairs or for a
 trip for food or meds.=C2=A0 Any photos that I&#39;ve taken since social d=
istancing has come into effect were through my car window or when taking a =
walk close to home or in a place where I&#39;m allowed to go.=C2=A0 I usual=
ly run three owl monitoring routes.=C2=A0 We have been
 advised not to do them at this point and I have not.=C2=A0 I run a breedin=
g bird survey the end of May and into June, which we have been advised not =
to do and I will not.=C2=A0 Today we have been advised to not run shorebird=
 surveys for the spring.=C2=A0 I will follow that.=C2=A0
 As to Parker&#39;s post if this was directed towards