[NatureNS] The Rail Trail in Kings County

From: Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 13:30:34 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Our Annapolis County website doesn't seem to have specific info about
which trails are open, but I did find a statement on Facebook saying
that the trail is open.  That said, I do know that you can't walk on
the part of it that lies within the boundary of the Town of Annapolis
Royal.  They closed that section of the trail and also the French
Basin Trail which runs off of the Harvest Moon Trail after it enters
the town limits.  The parking areas that access the trails are closed.
  I think the same applies to the section of trail out toward
Clementsport.   I'm not sure about the sections of the trail as they
pass through some of the other  towns such as Bridgetown and those to
the east.  I am seeing a few people walking on the trail east of
Annapolis Royal, but most ATV users.  I think you can walk on that
once you're outside of town.  I believe the trail associated with the
Historic Gardens is all closed as probably Delap's Cove Trail as well.

bev