[NatureNS] The Rail Trail in Kings County

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 13:29:25 -0300

--------------1AF88925FD0AB6332DE5AC9A

Hi Rick and All,

     Thanks for the clarification. I gather the Harvest Moon Trail is
just a fancy name for the rail trail; really the derailed trail.

     Strange times.

Dave

On 4/26/2020 12:59 PM, Rick Whitman wrote:
> The situation re the Rail Trail is interesting. As stated on the
> County of Kings web site, "... all Municipally owned parks,
> playgrounds, beaches and trails in the Municipality of the County of
> Kings shall remain closed with the exception of the Harvest Moon
> Trail." and "The Harvest Moon Trail runs through 4 municipalities in
> the Kings Region: The Municipality of the County of Kings and the
> Towns of Wolfville, Kentville, and Berwick. Trail users are encouraged
> to check the status of the trail with their local municipality before
> accessing the Harvest Moon Trail."
>
> https://www.countyofkings.ca/upload/All_Uploads/Information/news/03-23%20Municipal%20Trails.pdf
>
> A quick look at the Town of Kentville web site appears to show every
> trail closed, as Dave states. However, in Wolfville the Rail Trail was
> re-opened when the town learned it was allowed. "Update on Parks and
> Trail Closures The Town has received confirmation that municipalities
> can make decisions related to the closure of their trail systems. In
> light of this, we have made the decision to re-open the Harvest Moon
> Trail to the public."
>
> https://www.wolfville.ca/re-opening-of-harvest-moon-trail.html
>
> The Rail Trail is open in Berwick also. "Currently, the Apple Capital
> Heritage section of the Harvest Moon trail remains open but users are
> reminded to practice social distancing of 2M (6 ft)."
> http://www.berwick.ca/covid19 <http://www.berwick.ca/covid19>
>
> So the Rail Trail is open in Wolfville, Berwick and in Kings County
> outside of Kentville. Of course, following the province-wide policy,
> one is supposed to be able to walk to the trail from home. But that
> includes many residents of Kings County given the location of the
> railroad.
>
> Rick W.

--------------1AF88925FD0AB6332DE5AC9A

  <head>
  </head>
      is just a fancy name for the rail trail; really the derailed
      trail. <br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAA9nSY-2ZCuC-vjfRbG34qVbiC44rU35tJsgC_ZE04UzacW7fA@mail.gmail.com">
              style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:medium">The situation re
              the Rail Trail is interesting. As stated on the County of
              Kings web site, "... </span><span
              style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:11pt">all Municipally
              owned parks, playgrounds, beaches and trails in the
              Municipality of the County of Kings shall remain closed
              with the </span><span
              style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:11pt;font-weight:700">exception </span><span
              style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:11pt">of the Harvest
              Moon Trail." and "</span><span
              style="font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">The Harvest Moon
              Trail runs through 4 municipalities in the </span><span
              style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:medium">Kings</span><span
              style="font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)"> Region: The
              Municipality of the </span><span
              style="font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">County of Kings
              and the Towns of Wolfville, Kentville, and Berwick. Trail
              users are encouraged to </span><span
              style="font-size:11pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">check the status
              of the trail with their local municipality before
              accessing the Harvest Moon Trail."</span></font>
href="https://www.countyofkings.ca/upload/All_Uploads/Information/news/03-23%20Municipal%20Trails.pdf"
                moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.countyofkings.ca/upload/All_Uploads/Information/news/03-23%20Municipal%20Trails.pdf</a><br>
              quick look at the Town of Kentville web site appears to
              show every trail closed, as Dave states. However, in
              Wolfville the Rail Trail was re-opened when the town
              learned it was allowed. "<span style="font-size:18px">Update
                on Parks and Trail Closures The Town has received
                confirmation that municipalities can make decisions
                related to the closure of their trail systems. In light
                of this, we have made the decision to re-open the
                face="arial, sans-serif"><br>
href="https://www.wolfville.ca/re-opening-of-harvest-moon-trail.html"
                moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.wolfville.ca/r