[NatureNS] The Rail Trail in Kings County

From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 15:37:42 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

                moz-do-not-send="true"&gt;https://www.wolfville.ca/r
--000000000000eb360605a435e65a

The A.R. Historic Gardens is open if you can walk to it from home:

"*The Province is asking people to #staytheblazeshome and we ask you to
respect that request and NOT plan a visit right now if you are not living
in our immediate area. **This will ((soon)) be over, and we will be able to
welcome friends and visitors with open arms. ......* If you do live locally
and wish to exercise in the Gardens, please remember to observe  the
isolation and social distancing requirements as set out by the Province of
Nova Scotia"

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 14:04, Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com> wrote:

> Our Annapolis County website doesn't seem to have specific info about
> which trails are open, but I did find a statement on Facebook saying
> that the trail is open.  That said, I do know that you can't walk on
> the part of it that lies within the boundary of the Town of Annapolis
> Royal.  They closed that section of the trail and also the French
> Basin Trail which runs off of the Harvest Moon Trail after it enters
> the town limits.  The parking areas that access the trails are closed.
>   I think the same applies to the section of trail out toward
> Clementsport.   I'm not sure about the sections of the trail as they
> pass through some of the other  towns such as Bridgetown and those to
> the east.  I am seeing a few people walking on the trail east of
> Annapolis Royal, but most ATV users.  I think you can walk on that
> once you're outside of town.  I believe the trail associated with the
> Historic Gardens is all closed as probably Delap's Cove Trail as well.
>
> bev
>
> On 4/26/20, Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The situation re the Rail Trail is interesting. As stated on the County
> of
> > Kings web site, "... all Municipally owned parks, playgrounds, beaches
> and
> > trails in the Municipality of the County of Kings shall remain closed
> with
> > the exception of the Harvest Moon Trail." and "The Harvest Moon Trail
> runs
> > through 4 municipalities in the Kings Region: The Municipality of the
> > County
> > of Kings and the Towns of Wolfville, Kentville, and Berwick. Trail users
> > are encouraged to check the status of the trail with their local
> > municipality before accessing the Harvest Moon Trail."
> >

> https://www.countyofkings.ca/upload/All_Uploads/Information/news/03-23%20Municipal%20Trails.pdf
> >
> > A quick look at the Town of Kentville web site appears to show every
> trail
> > closed, as Dave states. However, in Wolfville the Rail Trail was
> > re-opened when the town learned it was allowed. "Update on Parks and
> Trail
> > Closures The Town has received confirmation that municipalities can make
> > decisions related to the closure of their trail systems. In light of
> this,
> > we have made the decision to re-open the Harvest Moon Trail to the
> public."
> >
> > https://www.wolfville.ca/re-opening-of-harvest-moon-trail.html
> >
> > The Rail Trail is open in Berwick also. "Currently, the Apple Capital
> > Heritage section of the Harvest Moon trail remains open but users are
> > reminded to practice social distancing of 2M (6 ft)."
> >
> > http://www.berwick.ca/covid19
> >
> > So the Rail Trail is open in Wolfville, Berwick and in Kings County
> outside
> > of Kentville. Of course, following the province-wide policy, one is
> [...]

e=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;font-size:18px;t=
ext-align:center"><span style=3D"font-size:14px"><span style=3D"font-family=
:arial,helvetica,sans-serif">The Province is asking people to #staytheblaze=
shome and we ask you to respect that request and NOT plan a visit right now=
strong style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;font-=
size:18px;text-align:center"><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica,san=
s-serif;font-size:14px">This will ((soon)) be over, and we will be able to =
welcome friends and visitors with open arms. ......</span></strong><span st=
yle=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;font-size:18px=
;text-align:center">=C2=A0</span><span style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-famil=
y:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;;font-size:14px;text-align:center"><span style=3D=
"font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif">If you do live locally and wish to=
 exercise in the Gardens, please remember to observe=C2=A0 the isolation an=
d social distancing requirements=C2=A0</span></span><span style=3D"color:rg=
b(0,0,0);font-size:14px;text-align:center;font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-=
 Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 14:04, Bev Wigney &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bkwigney@gmail=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left=
-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Our Annap=
olis County website doesn&#39;t seem to have specific info about<br>
which trails are open, but I did find a statement on Facebook saying<br>
that the trail is open.=C2=A0 That said, I do know that you can&#39;t walk =
on<br>
the part of it that lies within the boundary of the Town of Annapolis<br>
Royal.=C2=A0 They closed that section of the trail and also the French<br>
Basin Trail which runs off of the Harvest Moon Trail after it enters<br>
the town limits.=C2=A0 The parking areas that access the trails are closed.=
=C2=A0 I think the same applies to the section of trail out toward<br>
Clementsport.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I&#39;m not sure about the sections of the trail =
as they<br>
pass through some of the other=C2=A0