[NatureNS] barn swallow questions

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 11:00:44 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Very thoughtful of you to share space and consider the Barn Swallows who do lack the openings that always existed in older barns which may be a cause of population decline. I don’t know exact dimensions but I would go to a hardware store (if one can at the moment) and buy a triangular or square ventilation louver and cut the hole for future installation.  That way things will be shipshape for the winter once they are gone and it can easily be removed again next spring.  If you cannot actually go to get one just get the dimensions from an online catalog and order it later or ask at the door, as some stores are doing.

Nancy

Sent from my iPad