Win 32 OLE v1.2 Installation Guide
Before you install the new win32s version 1.20 with OLE v2.02, you
should remove all the old win32s files from your
c:/windows/system/win32s directory, or rename the directory to ensure
you get a complete installation.
The easiest way to accomplish this task is to open File Manager and
find the Win32s directory. Highlight the directory folder and select
File, Rename. Enter old32s and select OK. Now you're ready to install
or upgrade to the "NEW" version of Win32s v1.20 w/OLE v2.02.
Win32s Installation Procedure:
1. Downloaded the w32sOLE.exe file to your system
2. Create a temporary directory called c:/install.
3. With File Manager, drag and drop w32sOLE.exe into c:install.
4. Double click on w32sOLE.exe
5. Double click on install.bat (This batch file should have
created three directories, disk1 disk2 and disk3)
6. Change directories to disk1.
7. Double click on the setup.exe program and follow the
instructions given by the installation program.
8. Delete the files in the temporary directory
Note: The setup program will copy all the files into their proper
places. You are only asking for trouble if you try to move or copy
files to or from the windows/system or the windows/system/win32s
directories by yourself.
Installation is complete
National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
Get your own Chebucto account
Look here for our available services and prices!
Accounts for individuals, families, non-profit groups and small
Help promote us!
Who we are, what we do
and how you can help
Our Premium Internet Access
Non-Profit Highspeed Access