My note on Spam Filtering

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:36:44 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Tom Fullerton <tom@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: ccn-tech@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Tom,

   This is just my guess but it's possible that the criteria for deleting
spam is more selective than when just diverting it to your junkmail
folder.  In  other words, the filter could be erring on the side of
safety, so as to not delete potentially legitimate email that looks like
spam somewhow whereas, if you're storing it anyway to look at later, the
criteria may be harsher and send more spam to the junkmail folder, with
the understanding that you, the user, will be the final judge as to
whether it's really spam or not.

CCN Help