Assistance Needed, Dial up accelerator

Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:14:59 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Roger Arsenault <bb038@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Roger,

   There are accelerators on the internet that can be used with any
service.  This really won't speed up your PLUS download, however, as
accelerators simply create more download windows from within the same
connection.  Using a download accelerator has its advantages when you are
dealing with a site that allows only a certain amount of data to be
downloaded at a time with a single connection and, if you're running
through a high speed connection, you can open several conenctions to the
site at once and download multiple sections at the same time becasue a
high speed connection has lots of bandwidth to work with.

   With PLUS, you are already at your bandwidth limit within the
connection and an acclerator won't help you.  All it would do would be to
split your existing connection into multiple download sections but each
section would be slower and smaller than your full connection.  A PLUS
connection does not have the bandwidth of high speed so an accelerator
would be fruitless.

CCN Help