receive but can't send

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:12:04 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Sheila Gordon <sgordon@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Sheila,

    It could be a problem with Pegasus.  Have you tried another program
such as Thunderbird?  Are you connecting to PLUS when you access your
mail or are you connecting to Sympatico and calling your mail over
from PLUS via Webmail or POP/SMTP?  If you connecting to PLUS, use the
PLUS settings below to see if this works for you:

    SMTP (send mail server): smtp.chebucto.ns.ca
    Port 25 and no username is required

    Just to be on the safe side, have you checked your computer for
viruses, spyware, malware etc.  These all can intercept and disrupt
email and internet use by your computer.

    Do a Google search for Ad-Aware SE v1.06, SpyBot - Search and
Destroy v1.4 and AVGFree v7.5 (all freeware).  Download them and
install them on your system.  Run them to scan your computer against
any and all problems.  I've had spyware etc disrupt my internet
connection and prevent some email from working so it's another thing
to try on your end.

    I don't use the addressbook so I will have to check on that.

Tony @ CCN Help