response speed of webmail

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 00:28:41 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "J. Douglas W. Peverill" <aw576@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Doug,

    Have you tried using Mozilla Thuinderbird (free from
www.mozilla.org) to get your mail via the POP3 server, which is a
faster way to read and compose email than WebMail?  Thunderbird also
has additional filters to further minimize spam as well.

    We have been dealing with a lot of spam lately; as well, working
over dial-up, I find, slows things down considerably.  Sympatico might
be using a dedicated faster server for WebMail too.  There's numerous
possibilities.

CCN Help