Downloading

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 00:48:43 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "R. Douglas " <at492@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Rob,

    Glad to have been able to help.

    Malware and spyware are getting more and more sophisticated all the
time and SpyBot and Ad-Aware must constantly update their databases to
keep ahead.  You were snagged by one of the newer 'cookie traps'.  A more
common result from malware is an inability to even connect to the
internet, making it just about impossible (without a neighbour, friend or
second computer) to get the software downloaded to scan your system and
repair the problem.

    Let us know if we can assist you agian in the future and thank you for
support the Chebucto Community Net.

Tony @ CCN Help