Membership Package request

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:49:04 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Kavanaugh, Marie E" <Marie.Kavanaugh@cdha.nshealth.ca>

 	Hi Marie. I'm very sorry but we only have highspeed access
available in two locations at this time - Joseph Howe Manor and HP MacKeen
Manor in South-End Halifax. We are working at bringing it to Ahern Manor
on Gottingen Street later this year but there are no current plans to
bring it to Devonshire Avenue at this time.

 	It costs about $10,000-$20,000 in hardware and another
$10,000-$20,000 in labour to install wireless Internet in a modest sized
building and no one has offered us any funding to expand our Manors
Project at this time.

 	We do offer dialup Internet access for $125 per year. It requires
a landline phone line and a computer with a telephone modem that can plug
into the landline phone line. Our dialup access is 56K, which is as fast
as dialup access gets, but it would be unsatisfactory for video or other
streaming media.

 	By the way, our office phone number is 902-494-2449. The 1242
number is a test/fax number that is not monitored.

 	Computer help is available at local Community Access Program (C@P)
sites. Parker Street Food Bank is one in north-end Halifax offering
courses for new users.