response to funding

From: "Owen,Rochelle [Dartmouth]" <Rochelle.Owen@EC.GC.CA>
To: 'meinhard' <mdoelle@clean.ns.ca>, 'Sustainable Maritimes listserv' <sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca>, acapcb@fox.nstn.ca, acapha@thezone.net,
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 15:05:19 -0400

	" My personal opinion is that we have had enough studies and public
> education projects and there are enough known technical advances (e.g.
> ship by rail, its 6 times more energy efficient than by truck), that it's
> now time for action. That is, our governments should institute economic
> incentives and institute vigorous planning policies to curb urban sprawl
> and physically limit single passenger car use while providing
> alternatives such as car pool benefits and much better transit. Providing
> funding for ineffective studies and projects merely diverts our energies."
> John Pearce, Transport 2000 Atlantic.

HI John.  If you are interested, For lobbying activities on transportation
issues you might want to try Foundations such as the Richard Ivey Foundation
who funded lobbying activities by pollution probe.  I have information on
Foundations if you want to borrow some.
_________________________________
Rochelle Owen
Community Animation Program
16th Floor, Queen Square
45 Alderney Drive
Dartmouth, N.S.
B2Y 2N6
902-426-2578 (ph)
902-426-2062 (fax)
http://www.ns.ec.gc.ca/ecoaction/home.html

CAP Atlantic provides information, training and animation to community
groups working on issues that link human health and the environment.