Robert rules

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:02:43 -0300
To: "S.Wilson/F.Moola" <fmoola@sprint.ca>
From: Catfish <catfish@mailserv.kayhay.com>
Cc: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

At 10:28 PM 6/29/99 -0300, Faisal wrote:
>This is an excellent article on the future of JD Irving's certification by
>FSC.

----------------------------
                           /
                          /
                          --------------------------->

>[Paul interjects rudely:
>
>DOH! I'm afraid I had to censor the rest of the article, since it is
>copywritten, and I don't have permission of the owner to repost it. :(

I really wish either this list would return to its unmoderated format or
that an unmoderated list be open for those of us who enjoy online discussion
as well as receiving whatever it is someone feels like sending.  While the
Moderator is looking out for the interests of the St. John Telegraph, this
list is suffering from a feeling of being NON-PARTICIPATORY.

That's my criticism for today :) .
                                            ______________________
                                            Robert Jeans
                                            catfish@kayhay.com
                                            Fax: (902)423-3709
                                            2471 Agricola St.
                                            Halifax, Nova Scotia

[And the evil Moderator responds:

Thanks for participating, Robert!

An unmoderated list is a great idea! Long overdue. Would you be willing to
set it up and maintain it?

Too many people have responded positively to the new sust-mar format for
me to recommend going back to the old way.

BUT ... an unmoderated "sister" list (sust-more?) would be divine and
would give folx the CHOICE.

If you -- or anyone else -- are interested, rsvp. Many people (Jan M,
Peter W, David W and others) have suggested the two list format.  Ian P,
Daniel H and i even got so far as discussing it. But it never got off the
ground.

Being a listowner is a rewarding volunteer "job." But it does take some
time and effort. I manage 4 lists already, and i don't need another. But
if someone else would come forward to operate the new list, i'd work with
her or him to make the 2 lists integrated.

rsvp
~paul :)

PS Copyright is another matter. It's *my* hide i'm concerned about, not JD
Irving's. Post a surety bond to cover my legal fees and i'll consider
posting copyright articles ... :)