sust-mar: Public Walks On Public Lands

From: "Chris Brackley" <ravenfoot@hotmail.com>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:23:58 -0300

Sustainable Maritimes (sust-mar)
Tip: your message didn't get posted? You probably sent it with html coding.
Use your "Format" pull-down menu to switch to plain text format.
PUBLIC WALKS ON PUBLIC LANDS
An Ecology Action Centre
& Nova Scotia Sport and Recreation Commission Event

Have you ever noticed the deep green treeline standing directly behind the
Bayers Lake Shopping Area?  Have you ever been curious to step off the
asphalt and into that forest?  The Ecology Action Centre has always been
curious about what’s going on in the forest, and they would like to invite
you to join them on a walk this summer, to show you some of what they have
learned about Nova Scotia’s forests.

The Ecology Action Centre’s annual walking series “Public Walks on Public
Lands” is taking place this year on the enchanting patch of Publicly-owned
Land between the Bayers Lake Industrial Park and Suzies Lake.

The 2½ hour forest walks begin outside the Nova Scotia Liquor Commission
Store at 215 Chain Lake Drive at:      10:00 in the morning and 2:00 in the
afternoon on:

Tuesday July 15
Tuesday July 29
Thursday July 31
Tuesday August 12
and Thursday August 14

The walks are slow-paced open-eyed adventures open to all people 9 years and
older (children must be accompanied by adults).  Bring a litre of water, a
hat and sunscreen.  We will be focusing on the beauty of our natural
surroundings, while speaking about the issues surrounding its many possible
fates.

There is a suggested donation of $5.00 which includes:
- The guided walk
- A 36 page booklet on Public Land describing how to get involved in
protecting and recreating in our   local and provincial Public Land.
- A chance to win great outdoor prizes.

For more information call 429 – 2202.

Did a friend forwarded this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca