sust-mar: Emissions Clinic Volunteers Needed

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:31:49 -0300
From: EAC Outreach <membermail@ecologyaction.ca>
To: sust-mar@chebucto.ns.ca

Tip: Your message to SUST-MAR must be html-free.  So, BEFORE you hit SEND, please go to your "Format" pull-down menu and select "Plain text."  In OE, select "Tools/Options/Send/"Plain Text"/Apply/Close." Thanks!

                               .

An exciting volunteer opportunity is yours to discover!

If you are able to help on the 11-13th (Thurs to Sat) of Aug, the
Ecology Action Centre and Environment Canada are hosting a free
Emissions Clinic at the Clayton Park Canadian Tire from 10am to 6pm
each day.  The goal of the event is to educate car owners about the
levels of emissions coming from their tailpipe. Also, we will be
testing the air pressure in their tires.

We will need volunteers to help out with the following jobs: Greeting
the customers and passing out information pamphlets Filling out
results forms and surveys,Testing of tire pressure, we will be
teaching you how to do this, very easy! Floaters, help out wherever we
need you!

A new addition to the event this year is a bicycle-powered generator.
We would love to have the emissions tester run off of this generator,
but that means that we need bikers!. Biking will be in 30 min shifts
on and off. If you can help out during those dates and times, please
email us back and let us know when you can come and what you would
prefer to do. Lunch/snacks will be available for volunteers. The
shifts are generally 9:30-2 and 2-6 each day. Please respond via email
to transportation@ecologyaction.ca or call 442-0202.

 Janice Ashworth & Alex Longmire
 Sustainable Transportation Ambassadors
 Ecology Action Centre
 1568 Argyle St., Second Floor
 Tel: (902) 442-0202
 Fax: (902) 424-3571

--
EAC Outreach Committee
Ecology Action Centre

Are you a member of the EAC? We need your
support to continue our work! Please join,
renew or donate today. Call (902) 429-2202
http://ecologyaction.ca/membership.shtm

Did a friend forward this to you?  Join sust-mar yourself!
Just send 'subscribe sust-mar' to mailto:majordomo@chebucto.ca