VI. Setup/Options Screen:
The Setup/Options Screen allows you to set and modify many of Lynx's
features, it is reached in Lynx by pressing "s". Some of the options are
set by the system and you can't change them. You can either change an
option temporarily or set it so that it is set every time you sign in. If
you want to sort your Bookmarks by types, you can have several files and
select between them here. At the bottom of the options screen are some
commands telling you how to use this screen.
The following options may be set.
- Bookmark file
- specifies the name of your Bookmark file.
This allows you to have several different files
and switch between them for the bookmark commands for
view, add, etc. Therefore you can sort your bookmarks
into types and use this option to switch to the
appropriate bookmark file when you come across a new
link of that type. This can include a pathname to a
- FTP sort criteria
- how ftp listings are sorted. Can be set to filename,
type, size or date.
- Searching type
- If set to 'case sensitive', user searches invoked by
the 's' or '/' commands will be case sensitive
substring searches. The default is 'case
Insensitive' substring searches.
- Display character set
- choice of several alphabets.
- VI keys
- If set to 'ON' then the lowercase h,j,k, and l
keys will be mapped to left, down, up, right,
respectively. This is useful for those users whose
arrow keys do not function correctly on CCN.
- Emacs keys
- Set to: ON
- Keypad as arrows or numbered links
- Will add numbers to each link
or hide the numbers
if the user so wishes.
- Line edit style
- Set at: Default binding (press 'k' for keymap)
- preferred document language
- Selectable to English and French
- preferred document character set
- Set at NONE
- directory list style
- choice of files first, directories first or
mixed (unsorted). Will change how items are
listed in your home directory.
- User Mode
- There are three user levels, novice,
intermediate and advanced. Advanced replaces
the list of commands at the bottom of the
screen with the url of the current link.