YOUR DUTY AS A MEMBER OF OUR COMMUNITY
by Alex Ritchie - December 1983
Club Representatives to your Federation
- To attend general meetings of the Federation (normally only one per year in October) and express the opinions, concerns, and requests of your club.
- Together with representatives from other clubs at general meetings, to establish policy and give direction to the Executive of the Federation.
- To be the communication link between your club and the Federation Executive throughout the year.
- Together with representatives from other clubs in your region of the Province, elect a couple to represent your region on the Executive of the Federation.
Federation Regional Representatives
- To represent all the clubs in your region at executive meetings of the Federation.
- To maintain contact with each club in your region and discuss mutual concerns.
- To ensure that each active club in your region has Federation representatives and to keep the Federation informed about the formation of new clubs or the demise or inactivity of old clubs.
- To encourage the development or continuance of a regional association or council to deal with regional activities or concerns.
- To be prepared to accept additional Federation Executive duties as may be required.
- Together with other regional representatives and executive members carry out the purpose of the Federation as stated in the By-Laws.
All dancers and especially representatives
- To enjoy your dancing and fellowship and communicate that enjoyment to others.