[NatureNS] Homemade Suet Cake Recipes

Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 02:56:30 -0400
From: <turtlevoice@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

The log feeders make nice Christmas gifts, especially pretty if white birch is used.

After boring the holes for suet mix, you can add a couple of perches made from bamboo skewers.

The suet mixture can be frozen in 500 ml tubs and given along with the recipe.

A project like this is great for grandchildren and encourages young birders. I like the recycling aspects too.

Gloria