[NatureNS] Little Blue Heron, Miner's Marsh Kentville

Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 21:15:28 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Thank you to Richard & James also, from myself & Bernard Forsythe.
Following James' directions, it took about 2 minutes to find the bird
around 7 PM. It was a bit further to the left (N), on a small island
that has one significant elderberry bush, in bloom. It caught at least
one large frog & ate it in pieces. I wouldn't say it was hunting all
that seriously (lots of food). Also, lots of walkers not that far away
& no signs of nervousness. I got some nice photos:

http://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-April-June-2012/22243788_LGxpGV#!i=1849395048&k=G8DDhfG

There are at least 2 Sora in those 2 ponds.

Rick Whitman