[NatureNS] Hoary and Common Redpolls one species?

Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 15:23:28 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=
Well said, Dave ! By coincidence, I've just come across this post on
ID Frontiers, where the paper is also under discussion. The author is
also located at Cornell but is the lead researcher who has divided Red
Crossbills into about 10 races/sub-species/ possible species (please
stay tuned, in other words). His work on Red Crossbills has been
well-respected. Here is his post:

"Kudos to the authors! As their work still supports though, there are
still plenty of obvious "looking" Hoary Redpolls. Also, the
researchers were quick to note, "they still only sampled less than 1%
of the total genome."  As most things in science are, this is an
"evolving" story.
Matt Young
Ithaca, NY"

Rick Whitman