[NatureNS] White Point birds

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 19:21:25 -0300

I have more Purple finches, males, females and likely juveniles today than I
have ever had at one time before. So far the birds look and act fine to my
untrained eye. I have been checking them out pretty carefully.
So with the influx sooner or later there will be ill birds show up so should
we stop feeding altogether (that would mean 100% of the birds or sterilize
the feeders every day, every other day?  I know there are nests on the
property.
The only food they want is the Black oil sunflower seeds. They aren't even
looking at the other feeders which we have moved out and about the property.
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please