[NatureNS] White Point, Queens birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:35:24 -0400

Today things were quite quiet compared to what numbers of Chickadees and
Junco we have been entertaining lately. The solitary Catbird was in and out
of the grapevine focusing on the grapes. We bought some Green ones. It moved
one lot to a separate area, or maybe chased the squirrel trying, I am not
sure. The new location is hard to photograph due to the angle of the fogged
window.
Around 2 we suddenly were flooded once again with Chickadees and American
Goldfinches. I was looking for the Catbird when it tucked into the deepest
part of the tangle when a number of Blue Jays arrived and they were
accompanied by three more Catbirds! So I will never know but were two of
then returning with yet another bird or did 3 fresh Catbirds follow in the
Jays. Whatever, when I got back to the window, all the grapes were gone the
Cantaloupe was in sorry shape and we were back to one very timid catbird on
its own in the tangle.
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
LocalArtistMargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please